- What isQuikPAY?
- The university uses an electronic billing system called QuikPAY to bill students for charges incurred. Electronic billing statements are generated on a monthly billing cycle and are produced around the 16th of each month. Payments are due on the first day of the following month. Interest and billing charges are assessed on past due balances after the 10thof each month. The first billing statement for Fall term will be available mid-September; for Winter term mid-December; and for Spring term mid-March. Once the statement is available online, an electronic notification will be sent to the students official UO email address.
- Does QuikPAY require a certain type of computer, software or web browser?
- The QuikPAY system requires the use of a current browser version, (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari), with cookies and java script enabled.
- Is the NelNET QuikPAY website secure?
- The University of Oregon believes that security is a very important factor in providing E-billing and E-payment services. The technical architecture/security of the NelNET product uses intrusion detection and firewall systems to protect the network.
- How do students access QuikPAY?
- Students will receive a monthly email notification with the subject line "University of Oregon Student Account Bill." The link in the account is for Authorized Payers. Students access QuikPAY by:
- Logging into Duckweb using their UO ID & PAC
- Selecting Student Menu
- Selecting QuikPAY Student Account
Upon login, students can view the bill, set up and store bank account information, pay the bill electronically, print paper copies of the bill, and establish Authorized Payers.
- How do students set up Authorized Payers?
- For students who have a third party, such as a parent or guardian that will be inquiring, viewing, or making payments on the student billing account, the student will need to establish the third party as an Authorized Payer on the QuikPAY system.
Students can establish up to five authorized payers. To establish an authorized payer, follow the instructions below:
- Login to Duckweb usinga UO ID & PAC
- Select Student Menu
- Select QuikPAY Student Account
- Select Authorize Payers from the list of options on the left
- Click on Add New button
- Enter the authorized payers name, email address, and create a login name and temporary password
- Click on the Add button
- Notify the person you have authorized and provide him or her with the temporary password
- Once the student establishes an authorized payer, an email notification will be sent to the authorized payers email address notifying that he/she has been established as an authorized payer. The login name will be provided within the email. The student must provide the authorized payer with the temporary password to be used for the first login to the QuikPAY system. The system will prompt the authorized payer to change to a permanent password.
- What if an Authorized Payer forgets their password?
- Authorized Payers can reset their own passwords by clicking on the QuikPAY link in the email notification. At the login page, enter your Login Name and click on Forgot Password." An automated email notification will be sent to your email address containing a temporary computer generated password. For best results, copy and paste the temporary password into the password field box. The system will require you to change to a permanent password. (Helpful Hint: The old password is the temporary password that was emailed to you.)
- What is the URL to the QuikPAY website for Authorized Payers?
Please bookmark this page for future reference.
- Can the e-bill notification be sent to more than one email address for the Student or Authorized Payer?
- Students and Authorized Payers can set up a secondary email address that will also receive the E-bill notification. To do so, select "User Preferences" from the navigation bar in QuikPAY and enter a second email address.
- Can former students receive their bill electronically?
- Yes. Please update email addresses by following these directions:
- Login to Duckweb using a UO ID & PAC
- Select Personal Information
- Select View Email Address
- Select Update Email Address(es) at the bottom of the page.
- Change the "Type of Email to Insert" field to read "Personal Email of Former Students, Faculty and Staff"
- Click "Submit"
- Enter a current Email address
- Click "Submit"
- What is the difference between the monthly E-bill statement and the account information displayed on Duckweb?
- The monthly E-bill statement on QuikPAY is a web-based presentation of the student bill. It represents a snapshot in time. Under "View Accounts, Current Account Activity," QuikPAY will reflect account activity that has occurred since the billing statement was created.
Duckweb displays a two year account history - it is updated every night to display transactions that have occurred in the previous 24 hours.