FAQs Refund of Overpayments
FAQs Refund of Overpayments
How do students get a credit balance refunded after Financial Aid has disbursed to their account?
If the financial aid and scholarships exceed allowable charges on the students account, the credit balance will be refunded. The preferred method for students to receive refunds is via direct deposit into the students bank account. If Direct Deposit is not established, then a financial aid refund check will be mailed to the students mailing address of record. For this reason it is recommended that students establish Direct Deposit or ensure that the mailing address is kept current at all times.
How do students set up Direct Deposit to receive refunds?
Sign up for Direct Deposit online via Duckweb.
- Login to Duckweb using your UO ID & PAC
- Select Student Menu
- Select Direct Deposit
- Select "Add New Direct Deposit"
- Input your bank account information
- Click "Employee Reimbursement & Student Refund"
- Also click "Payroll Deposit" if the student is an employee
- Select Save
If you need assistance establishing Direct Deposit, contact the Student Loans Department at (541) 346-3171.
What happens when there is a credit balance on the student billing account from an overpayment?
Student accounts with no financial aid, but with credit balances from overpayments are reviewed towards the end of each term. Credit balances are refunded upon the students or authorized payers request or if the student is no longer enrolled at the University of Oregon. Unless a refund is requested, credit balances will remain on the account to apply to future charges. Please note that there is a two week hold onQuikPAYand check payments.
When will refunds be issued for students who have reduced their credit hours?
Students who have credit balances on their account from reducing credit hours will be issued refunds after the last day to add/drop classes.
- Full time - refunds issued weekly
- Part time - end of add/drop dates
What happens when there is a credit balance on the student billing account if the student has financial aid and the parent has a Parent Loan?
Parent Loans are disbursed to the students billing account. When there is a combination of student financial aid and a Parent Loan, the Parent Loan is applied to the students charges first.
When there is a credit balance after allowable charges have been paid, a refund is issued.
- If the parent selected the student to receive the refund, the credit balance will be refunded to the student.
- If the parent selected to receive the refund, the credit balance will be refunded to the student up to the amount of the students financial aid. Any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the parent.
When do Parent Loan refunds get issued?
Parent Loan refunds are mailed approximately the second week of the term.