- How are student billing accounts established?
- Upon admittance to the University of Oregon a student billing account is established in the students name. This account is used for most charges incurred at the university. All students are sent a Revolving Charge Agreement that explains the terms and conditions of the account.
- What is the Revolving Charge Agreement?
- The Revolving Charge Agreement (RCA) lists terms and conditions of the billing account including interest rate, billing fee, and payment terms. It must be read and accepted by all students.
Oregon Administrative Rules 571-060-0005 and 571-060- 0040 give the University of Oregon the legal authority to charge a $6.00 - $10.00 billing fee and 9% annual interest on the account after the 10 day grace period has expired.
- What type of charges will be reflected on the student billing account?
- Most charges that a student incurs on campus will be reflected on the student billing account. These charges include, but are not limited to:
- Parking Fines
- Mandatory Fees
- Health Center Charges
- Matriculation Fee
- Library Fines
- Room & Board
- Course Fees
- Tuition & Fee Penalties
- Self Support Course
Please note that the UO Duckstore (bookstore) is a separate entity. Therefore, charges for textbooks will not be applied to the student acount.
- What does the term 'Tuition and Fees' mean?
- Tuition refers to the instruction fee only. Fees refer to all other mandatory enrollment fees. For a complete list of tuition and fees, please refer to the Oregon University System's (OUS) Academic Year Fee Book.
- What is the Matriculation Fee?
- All admitted regular and graduate students pay a one-time Matriculation Fee their first term at the University of Oregon. This fee covers, late registration, transcripts, change of program, degree application, and re-enrollment fees. It was implemented in the Fall of 1998 to replace the individual costs associated with fees listed previously.
- Can the Mandatory Fees or other fees be reduced or waived if students do not use some of the services?
- Services covered by Mandatory Fees (such as Incidental Fees and Health Service Fee) are non-refundable. Students are required to pay them even if they do not use the services they cover. Under some circumstances, some fees (such as the Undergraduate Admission Application Fee) may be deferred for later payment. Contact the Office of Admissions for more information regarding the application fee deferral.
- Who should be contacted for information on Health Center charges on the student billing account?
- For detailed information on Health Center charges, students should contact staff at the Student Health Center. The Student Billing/Accounts Receivable Department does not have access to students confidential health center records or information.
- What are Tuition and Fee Refund Penalties?
- Tuition and Fee Penalties are assessed when the student reduces his/her credit hours after the 7th calendar day of the term. The penalty is a percentage of the tuition and/or fees owed on the classes for which the student was registered. Please view the Refund Schedule for dates and percentages of penalties. This schedule is available under Calendars on the Registrar's website.
- Can the University of Oregon speak with Parents, Guardians or Third Parties about the student billing account?
- In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), student billing accounts are considered confidential. For students who have a third party, such as a parent or guardian that will be inquiring, viewing, or making payments on the student billing account, the student will need to establish the third party as an Authorized Payer on the QuikPAY system. Students can establish up to five Authorized Payers by following these directions.
- What should students do if they don't understand some of the charges on the student billing account?
- If students do not understand a charge on their student billing account, they should stop by the Student Billing counter located on the first floor of Oregon Hall. A member of our staff will be glad to assist you. Students will need to bring their UO ID card. Student billing account information is confidential and can only be released to the student or authorized payer.
Students can also contact the Student Billing Department at (541) 346-3170 or by email at email@example.com.
- How can students and authorized payers tell how much is owed on the student billing account?
- Students can view their student accounts through View Account Summary on Duckweb. Both students and authorized payers can view the current balance by logging into QuikPAY and selecting Current Account Activity under View Accounts, which will reflect a current balance at all times.
Students and authorized payers can also contact the Student Billing Department at (541) 346-3170 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.