What We Do
Tagging, tracking, and inventorying University of Oregon assets is a huge job. Worth $114 million in 125 departments, our nearly 20,000 assets are located throughout the state of Oregon-including Portland and Charleston, around the country-from Alaska to the East Coast, and even around the world-from Italy to the bottom of the ocean. Tagging and inventorying is a requirement of both the Federal Government and the State of Oregon and protects us all in the case of an audit, federal review, or loss. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance in achieving this monumental task because we couldn’t do it without you.
- Property Acquisition and Classification
- Tracking Property
- Disposal of Surplus Property
- Links to Property Control BAONews Topics
- Glossary of Terms
The primary mission of Property Control is to ensure University of Oregon material assets are managed and secured in accord with applicable federal and state regulations.
- Maintain accurate records and accountability for University property and for property under the care of the University and its employees.
- Record and monitor the acquisition and disposal of equipment in a timely manner.
- Assist departments with administering equipment procedures and guidelines.
- Administer the University surplus property program.
- Perform biennial physical inventories.
- Monitor and track property on campus that is owned by outside entities.
Who to Contact
- Property Control and Surplus: Molly Lockhart 6-1250
- Property Control and Surplus: Christina Green 6-3190
- Inventory and Tagging: Dylan Lee 6-3163
- Inventory and Tagging: Christina Spear 6-0827
- Building Leases: Jill Ritz 6-1256
- Equipment Leases: Robbin Howard 6-1115