Property Receipt Form Instructions
Property Receipt Form
This form is used to document when an employee removes university property from campus (i.e., taking property to their residence). This form serves to document the items borrowed, the length of time they will be off campus, and the necessary approvals. The following are the detailed instructions to completing the Property Receipt Form:
- Department: indicate the department that owns the asset item
- Date: Todays date
- Return date: indicate the date the item will be returned to campus
- Location: Document the location where the property will be maintained while not on the University campus.
- Property Description: Brief description of the item(s) being borrowed
- ID #: This number can be either the permanent tag assigned by the department or the serial number of the item - please indicate which number is being used.
- Value: Book value of the item (contact Property Control if you do not know the value)
- Condition: Note any existing damage before the item leaves University property
- Complete the bottom section of the form with the Borrowers name and signature, and the Borrower's Supervisor's name and signature.
The home department needs to retain the original form in the personnel files of the employee who is borrowing the property.