Travel / Concur Training
Travel Policy and Concur Overview Location: Teams session
Wednesday, July 14, 2021 8:30am - 3:00pm
Bi-monthly training for new Travel Delegates or delegates wanting a refresher. If you are booking and processing travel reimbursements for UO business travel, please attend this important training to learn UO Travel Policy, IRS Accountable Plan guidelines and for an overview of the Concur Travel and Expense system.
Please register on My Tracks: https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2109
Areas of focus include:
- IRS Accountable Plan/UO Travel Policy
- Best Practices and tips for travel arrangers
- Federal Grant funded travel
- Employee, Guest, Student and Volunteer travel expense reimbursement
- BAO and Travel website overview
- Online travel resources
- Concur for Travel Expense orientation
Concur Monthly Roundtable Location: Teams session
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 11:00am - 12:00pm
The UO Travel Office hosts a monthly Concur Roundtable for Concur travel delegates and travelers on the last Wednesday of each month. It’s an opportunity to meet your peers and share best practices, stay informed about changes and updates, and provide feedback related to Concur and UO travel.
Topic: Travel Trends From An Industry Insider
The travel industry has been shaken this past year and has responded with innovative ways to regain traveler confidence, ensure safety, and respond to the new needs of travelers. Please join the Travel Office and travel industry insider Edgar Santiago, UO’s Corporate Sales Manager with Direct Travel, for a discussion on emerging travel trends. Edgar will share his professional perspective on how the travel industry has changed since the pandemic and what we can expect as domestic and worldwide travel increases.
- Planning future travel for a smooth travel experience
- Getting the best price on airfare
- Tips for mitigating airline cancellation and change fees
- How industry changes have affected flight schedules in Eugene and Portland
- New “contact-less” processes in the travel industry to increase traveler safety
- Information on travel requirements and documentation apps
- Q & A from the audience
Edgard is happy to answer specific questions you have regarding travel industry trends. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021 so he can be prepared with the latest information for you.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 932 8253 1894
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,93282531894# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,93282531894# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Concur Roundtable Recordings:
April 2021 - "Preparing for Fiscal Year End" with Phil Davis. Passcode: A!f4R5wR
March 2021 - "Traveler/Delegate Resources Related to COVID-19 and Eventual Return to Travel" Passcode: 6N@TbaF.
Slide Deck: Looking Ahead: Proactive Travel Planning During COVID-19
March 2021 - Travel Talk: Concur Mileage Calculator Tool
February 2021, Part 1 - "Vehicle Travel Policies and Tips" Passcode: !B@Ov@m4
February 2021, Part 2 - "Vehicle Travel Policies and Tips"
February 2021, Part 3 - "Mileage Logs and the Concur Mileage Calculator" Passcode: Bmt8Hv#O
January 2021 - "Travel: Past, Present, and Future
October 2020 - "Guest Travel From A to Z"
August 2020 - “Everything you always wanted to know about driving for UO business" Passcode: &v+1UsYD
Lunchtime Travel Talk - Location: Teams Session
TBA 11:00am - 12:00pm
Registration on My Track: https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2699
Department Workshops: "Three Steps to Concur Success"
The UO Travel Office offers a one hour workshop for your staff on "The Three Steps to Concur Success". This session will provide UO business travelers or their support staff with some simple keys to success so users can easily create their Concur Request, Book Travel and file their Expense report. Consider this useful workshop for a staff meeting or an Office Hours session. Let us help you feel more comfortable in the system. We can also provide custom sessions for your specific needs. Here are training/discussion topic for ideas:
- UO Managed Travel Program: How to book UO business travel - TMC (UO travel agency) or Concur booking tool, UO Lodge Cards, One Card corporate travel card
- Concur booking tool: How to use search filters, booking hotel and cars, how to find your current and past travel itineraries
- Concur Request/Duty of Care: the purpose and features of Request
- Expense/Reimbursement: Check out the features: Travel Allowance /per diem tables, Mileage Calculator, allocating funds, hotel itemization, print/summary report
- Guest/ Student travel: Acting as a host to book guest travel with Concur.
- Mobile tools: Life savers for your road warriors - Concur Mobile App and Tripit Pro: Itinerary and schedule organizers, ExpenseIt enhancement - receipt capture for smart phone users.
- Reporting tools: Analyze your travel spend, review trends, compliance issues
- Concur Q&A: Your questions answered, review of your current projects
- Workflow analysis: Streamlining your approval, analyzing if you have too many touch points, is your process meeting your departmental needs
- Concur Resources: Where do I get help? Tour of UO Travel office website for: ** Concur Step-by-Step manuals, FAQ, tips; ** UO Concur/Travel email and phone numbers; ** UO Travel Agency after hours emergency help