Travel / Concur Training
“Three Steps to Concur/Travel Success” Wednesday, September 21 ** 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
Teams session: https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/3314
- Brief overview of UO travel website and travel policy: IRS Accountable Plan, Business Purpose, basic policy requirements, how to find UO travel information
- Tips for Travel Planning
- Completing your Concur profile, verifying your email, how to set up the Concur mobile app and your free TripIt Pro account
- Step 1: Obtaining pre travel approval in Request
- Step 2: Booking Travel: Booking Tool versus TMC (travel agent assist)
- Step 3: Expense Report
- Resources and Help
Travel Policy Quarterly: Date: Thursday, October 13 8:30am - 12:30pm
Location: Teams session
Please register on My Tracks: https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2109
Areas of focus include:
- IRS Accountable Plan/UO Travel Policy
- Best Practices and tips for travel arrangers
- Federal Grant funded travel
- Employee, Guest, Student and Volunteer travel expense reimbursement
- BAO and Travel website overview
- Online travel resources
Concur Monthly Roundtable Location: Teams session
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 11:00am - 12:00pm
The UO Travel Office hosts a monthly Concur Roundtable for Concur travel delegates and travelers on the last Wednesday of each month. It’s an opportunity to meet your peers and share best practices, stay informed about changes and updates, and provide feedback related to Concur and UO travel.
Topic: Concur Tips Travelers Need To Know The Concur New User Interface is coming! On August 1st, Concur users will experience the new user interface in Concur. Request, Travel, and Expense will look a bit different, but the same features are available and Concur has added in a few upgrades in the new UI. Please join the Travel Office to get a preview of Concur’s new UI and discuss any questions regarding new UI or other questions travelers and travel delegates may have.
- Review Concur New User Interface in Request, Travel, and Expense
- Identify changes in the new user interface
- Point out new features
- Q & A
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or join by entering a meeting ID
Meeting ID: 278 110 462 399
Or call in (audio only)
Lunchtime Travel Talk
The UO Travel Office generally hosts a monthly Concur Roundtable for Concur travel delegates and travelers on the last Wednesday of each month. Due to holiday schedules the December Roundtable has been moved to December 15th. This is an opportunity to meet your peers and share best practices, learn about travel industry trends, stay informed about changes and updates, and provide feedback related to Concur and UO travel.
Date: TBD Time: 11:00 AM to Noon
Travel Policy/Concur Overview Monthly Training Video Recording:
Part 4 - Concur Overview
Concur Roundtable Video Recordings:
April 2022 - Fiscal Year End Preparation (Recording)
March 2022 - Top 10 Travel Policy Tips (Powerpoint) Top 10 Travel Policy Tips (Recording)
February 2022 - One Card for Travel (Powerpoint) One Card for Travel (Recording)
January 2022 - Student Travel (Powerpoint) Student Travel (Recording)
September 2021 - Moving Procedures
July 2021 - Be fast, be efficient, and save money for your department-Use the Concur Booking Tool! (Powerpoint)
June 2021 - Three Steps to Success in Concur
May 2021 - "Resuming UO Business Travel - What to Expect" Passcode: zz1CY.XD
Slide Deck: May Travel Round Table
April 2021 - "Preparing for Fiscal Year End" with Phil Davis. Passcode: A!f4R5wR
March 2021 - "Traveler/Delegate Resources Related to COVID-19 and Eventual Return to Travel" Passcode: 6N@TbaF.
Slide Deck: Looking Ahead: Proactive Travel Planning During COVID-19
March 2021 - Travel Talk: Concur Mileage Calculator Tool
February 2021, Part 1 - "Vehicle Travel Policies and Tips" Passcode: !B@Ov@m4
February 2021, Part 2 - "Vehicle Travel Policies and Tips"
February 2021, Part 3 - "Mileage Logs and the Concur Mileage Calculator" Passcode: Bmt8Hv#O
January 2021 - "Travel: Past, Present, and Future
October 2020 - "Guest Travel From A to Z"
August 2020 - “Everything you always wanted to know about driving for UO business" Passcode: &v+1UsYD
Department Workshops: "Three Steps to Concur Success"
The UO Travel Office offers a one hour workshop for your staff on "The Three Steps to Concur Success". This session will provide UO business travelers or their support staff with some simple keys to success so users can easily create their Concur Request, Book Travel and file their Expense report. Consider this useful workshop for a staff meeting or an Office Hours session. Let us help you feel more comfortable in the system. We can also provide custom sessions for your specific needs. Here are training/discussion topic for ideas:
- UO Managed Travel Program: How to book UO business travel - TMC (UO travel agency) or Concur booking tool, UO Lodge Cards, One Card corporate travel card
- Concur booking tool: How to use search filters, booking hotel and cars, how to find your current and past travel itineraries
- Concur Request/Duty of Care: the purpose and features of Request
- Expense/Reimbursement: Check out the features: Travel Allowance /per diem tables, Mileage Calculator, allocating funds, hotel itemization, print/summary report
- Guest/ Student travel: Acting as a host to book guest travel with Concur.
- Mobile tools: Life savers for your road warriors - Concur Mobile App and Tripit Pro: Itinerary and schedule organizers, ExpenseIt enhancement - receipt capture for smart phone users.
- Reporting tools: Analyze your travel spend, review trends, compliance issues
- Concur Q&A: Your questions answered, review of your current projects
- Workflow analysis: Streamlining your approval, analyzing if you have too many touch points, is your process meeting your departmental needs
- Concur Resources: Where do I get help? Tour of UO Travel office website for: ** Concur Step-by-Step manuals, FAQ, tips; ** UO Concur/Travel email and phone numbers; ** UO Travel Agency after hours emergency help