W2 Request

Requests for W-2 and 1042-S reprints must be made in writing.

W-2/1042-S Request Form

We will accept the request via fax, email, and letter. We will need the year for the W-2, your name, your telephone number, and your signature. We also need to know how to get the duplicate to you: mailing address, campus address, or payroll pickup.

Requests will be fulfilled the day they are received.  Requests made in person will be fulfilled while you wait.

Employees at the University of Oregon who worked for other OUS institutions will get a separate W-2 and/or 1042-S from each institution.

International employees who have a tax treaty between the U.S. and their home country will receive a 1042-S and W-2 if the amount earned is over the treaty limit.  If there is no treaty the employee will receive a W-2 only.

Questions about the process can be addressed to Jay Butler at 346-1126 jbutler7@uoregon.edu or Keri Bartow at 346-1101 kbartow1@uoregon.edu.  The Payroll Office fax number is 346-1109.