Unclaimed Property

Unclaimed property is a term used for outstanding funds, including checks issued by the university that have not been cashed by the payee, e.g. payroll checks, checks issued to vendors, reimbursement checks, etc. The State of Oregon, like other states, requires that unclaimed property be turned over to the state if property remains unclaimed for three years. For payroll checks, the requirement is to turn over the property after two years. Funds from unclaimed checks are reviewed by the university every year. The university makes every effort to contact those with outstanding checks in a timely manner to minimize the amount sent to the state each year. Federal Work Study (Title IV) money cannot revert to the State.

Go to the Department of State Lands website to search for your unclaimed property.