FAQs Other Student Services

Does the University of Oregon provide 1098-T Tuition Statements?

The 1098-T tax form is a statement of qualified tuition and fees charged by the University of Oregon that is provided to the student and reported and filed with the IRS. As an eligible educational institution, the University is required by law to provide 1098-T Tuition Statements to students who were enrolled in courses at the University during the calendar year. The 1098-T is intended to assist you in calculating your eligibility for the American Opportunity Tax Credit or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit.

When are the 1098-T Tuition Statements mailed?

By law, the University must have the 1098-T forms mailed by January 31st for the prior years taxes.

How does a student get a replacement or duplicate 1098-T Tuition Statement?

Copies of 1098 -T Tuition Statements are available online through Duckweb from the Student Menu.

What is an Emergency Student Loan?

The emergency student loan program allows a student to borrow one loan up to $300.00 per term. This loan may be borrowed for up to 90 days and has an $8.00 service charge per loan. If there are past due charges on the student billing account, those charges will be deducted from the proceeds of the loan.

Who is eligible for the Emergency Student Loan?

  • Students who are enrolled for the current term
  • Past Emergency Student Loans must be paid before receiving a new one
  • Student billing account must be in good standing
  • Student must have the Billing Account Terms and Conditions (Revolving Charge Agreement) signed
  • Two forms of photo ID is required, one must be a drivers license or passport
  • University of Oregon staff members, American English Institute students and Community Education students are not eligible to apply for an Emergency Student Loan

Where do I get the Emergency Student Loan?

Emergency student loans are available by emailing your name, student ID number and requested loan amount to stubills@uoregon.edu or call (541) 346-3170 for more information.

Where is the Financial Aid Office located?

The Financial Aid Office is located on the second floor of Oregon Hall.

What is included in "Personal Expenses"?

"Personal Expenses" represent the typical expenses that a student may incur in the course of day to day living: local transportation, medical insurance, clothing, personal items, laundry, going to a movie, or buying a pizza. It is provided for personal planning purposes only and does not represent a direct cost of attending the University.

What office deals with Residency issues?

Contact the Admissions Office, Oregon Hall at (541) 346-3201.