Outgoing Wire Transfer
Outgoing Wire Transfer
Effective March 18, 2020 all wire transfers will processed only on Tuesday's and Friday's. Please do not send Wire Transfer Requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to Covid-19 there is now a Wire Transfer Request Upload Form on the BAO forms site that you can use to upload your Outgoing Wire Tranfer form and supporting documentation. If you are unable to use the Wire Transfer Upload Form, please fax your Wire Transfers Requests to Accounts Payable to 541-346-2393 with ALL supporting payment documentation, including the banking information that was provided to you securely by the vendor.
Wire transfers are used to transfer a payment to a person or entity when there is no other way to pay them. It is not the UO preferred method of payment. Please note:
- Any wire transfer request received by AP after 10:00 am on Tuesday will be held and sent on Friday. Any wire Transfer received by AP after 10:00 am on Friday will be held for the following Tuesday's wire transfers.
- You must enter and put the Banner document on hold and leave the document incomplete (in process) or a duplicate check payment may occur! (For CONCUR Travel Reimbursements processed by wire transfer, please notify the Travel Dept. immediately once you have completed the travel reimbursement in Concur).
- Persons or entities receiving payment MAY NOT fill out the UO Outgoing Wire Transfer. (The UO Outgoing wire form is used internally by the UO and should only be used by depts. to request a wire transfer to be processed by AP).
- Person or entities receiving payment should supply the banking information below by a secure method such as FAX or postal mail to you in order to request payment. (For security reasons they may NOT email banking information to you). Do not send the UO Outgoing Wire Transfer form to vendors or individual to be completed by them.
Use the following steps to complete the form. (The form must be filled in electronically. Hand written forms will not be accepted). If the vendor has provided an intermediatory bank then in each of the following fields put the beneficiery bank info on the left and the intermediate bank info to the right of it for each line of information:
- Check Domestic or International Wire
- Fill in the date you want the transfer to occur
- Show the currency if other than U.S. dollars
- Beneficiary: This is the name of the person or entity that will receive the funds
- Beneficiary Account # and IBAN #. This is the bank account number and their IBAN# (international bank account number). This number has to be included for all European wires
- Beneficiary street address
- Beneficiary city/state/country
- Beneficiary bank name
- Beneficiary Bank ABA routing # for domestic wires or SWIFT/BIC# for foreign wires
- Beneficiary Bank street address
- Beneficiary Bank city/state/country
- Message for the Beneficiary - the person receiving the money to let them know what the payment is for
- Beneficiary email Address (optional)
- Department Signature. This is the Budgetary Authority or Approver of the wire transfer (may be different from dept. staff completing this form and uploading the request. The uploaded wire transfer should be forwarded to the Approver to electronically sign)
- Agency Authorized Initiator's Signature. Leave blank. This signature is for authorized Accounts Payable/BAO staff.
- Agency Authorized Releaser's Signature. Leave Blank. This signature is for authorized Accounts Payable/BAO staff.
- Bottom of the page type in the UO department name, index and account code being charged
- Enter the payment in the Banner System with full document text (Contract/grant approval information/Budget approver information, explanation of what is being paid for, contract terms, partial payment information if applicable and etc.), put the document on hold and make sure the Banner document numbers is on the wire form. Leave the document incomplete or in process. AP will complete the document during the wire transfer processing. If you do not put it on hold and leave it incomplete then there is a risk is that both a check payment and a wire payment will occur creating a duplicate payment.
CONCUR Travel Reimbursements: Please complete Concur travel reimbursement and then immediately notify Travel Dept. that you need to process the travel reimbursement by wire transfer. Travel must put the Banner C document on hold to avoid the payment paying as a check. The wire transfer will be processed by Accounts Payable. Please follow the remainder of wire transfer directions below.
Print out the Wire Transfer form and get department signature and date in the middle of the form (if faxing to AP).
Forward the following documentation to Accounts Payable attached to the Wire Transfer Request Upload Form (or fax):
- Completed Outgoing UO wire transfer form
- Bank information that was supplied by the vendor (if not on invoice)
- Invoice (if applicable)
- Copy of contract or PO (if applicable)
- Copy of Concur Travel Reimbursement report (if applicable)
- any other supporting payment documentation
The expenditure will be loaded to Banner onthe Banner invoice by Accounts Payable, and processed within a weeks time as an online check in Banner. The check number assigned in Banner will start with a W and will be viewable in vendor history and all other forms that display check information.