Accounts Payable

Operational Changes and Information: Please Review the "AP News" section below.

Accounts Payable

Operational Changes and Information: Please Review the "AP New" section below.

Decorative Photo Button: Big campus tree and bench

What we do:

Accounts Payable is committed to assisting departments process accurate and timely outgoing Banner invoice payments to our vendors; as well as non-payroll related payments to faculty, staff, and students. We process outgoing payments by the following methods: check, ACH or direct deposit, SUA/Single Use Accounts, and wire transfers. We ensure compliance with the University’s policies and procedures, federal and state laws related to tax reporting, accountability and best business practices. The Accounts Payable staff are dedicated to providing quality and courteous customer service to all our vendors, employees, and students.

AP News

Covid-19 expenses

For Covid-19 related expenses please use the activity code IRCRNA on the payment in Banner. 

Ergonomic equipmentand/safety: 

See Information and Resources in the remote work place.  Contact the Ergonomic and Safety Coordinator for further help regarding remote working ergonomics.  (The coordinator's contact information is available on the bottom of this link and they can provide further guidance.

Masks, hand sanitizers, gloves and other supplies for Covid-19:

Covid-19 work supplies purchased for UO offices can be purchased through the Science Stores.  These would be coded to account code 20101 (Office Supplies).  Covid-19 supplies used for a program or special circumstance could be coded to the account code 20102 (Operational Expense). Note: Covid-19 supplies may not be purchased or reimbursed for remote (home) work areas.

IT related remote work Equipment, Software, Internet, Cloud Storage:

Please consider the following UO provided resources before making new purchases.

Note: All equipment paid for with UO funds (incuding employee reimbursments) for remote work is UO owned equipment and needs to be handled accordingly. See: Equipment.

Mobile Technology: 

See BAO News Announcment regarding Mobile Technology for the current fiscal year. 

  • Note:  Absent exceptional circumstances, the current remote-work model due to COVID-19 is not sufficient reason to grant a new mobile technology reimbursement request.

Remote Working Meals:  

The current GSA meal per diem which is used as the guideline for reasonableness per Non-Travel Meals, Refreshment and Hospitality Expense Procedures under Section 3.1 even if doing something like purchasing Grubhub gift cards in lieu of a catered or take out working meal. See the Hosting, Meals, Refreshments and Alcohol for documenation and guidance regarding various UO non-travel meal and hosting situations.

Other:  The responsibility for determining the business purpose and budgetary approval for all other Covid-19 expenses, falls under the responsibility of the dean, director, department and/or unit head outlined in the University Fiscal Policy under section 3.a.ii and 3.a.iii.  (All expenses must comply with UO guidance regarding Covid-19).

Check Runs and ACH

AP has made a permanent change to our weekly Accounts Payable (A/P) check production schedule.  The schedule below has worked well for the past couple of months and will continue on a permanent basis:

Tuesdays: ACH/Direct Deposits, Paper Checks, and Single Use Account (SUA) payments

Thursdays: ACH/Direct Deposits, Paper Checks, and Single Use Account (SUA) payments

A/P payments include vendor payments, employee and student refunds, stipends and reimbursements.  If you have further questions about check runs call Dan Patten at 6-4235.

Reminder: It is a good idea for faculty, staff, and students to keep their Duckweb information current including mailing addresses and ACH information.  Also, when making foreign vendor payments by check be sure to make sure the vendor can receive and cash paper checks.

Wire Transfers and deadlines

Effective immediately. Outgoing wire transfers will only be processed on Tuesdays and Fridays.  NOTE: There are updated instructions for Outgoing Wire Transfers including a new Wire Transfer Request Upload form.  Please use the new upload process when requesting wire transfers.


Wire Transfer Request Upload Procedures

UO Outgoing Wire Transfer Request Upload Procedures

Under the BAO web site ( under BAO Forms:

  1. Please select under the category Central Accounts Payable and Invoice Payments the Outgoing Wire Transfer form.  Complete the form as you usually would and save as a pdf.
  2. Please select under the category Central Accounts Payable and Invoice Payments the Wire Transfer Upload FormThis form is password protected so you will need to log in to access the upload form. 
  3. Under the Wire Transfer Upload Form. This form is password protected so you will need to log in to access the upload form.
  • Add your departmental contact first and last name and phone number.
  • Upload a pdf of the completed Outgoing Wire Transfer form that you saved. (Be sure to include your Banner I Document number that is incomplete and on HOLD.  To put it on HOLD in Banner click on TOOLS Menu and under Options, select View Document Indicators.  Change the Grouping from (M)any invoices per check to (1) Invoice per check and click the 'HOLD' box).
  • Upload a pdf of ALL the supporting documentation such as contract, invoice, etc. (including banking information that was provided to you by the vendor).  Note: The Outgoing Wire Transfer form is an internal UO form to be used by departments and should not be sent to vendors to complete.
  • Save.
  1. Edit the Signature Block’s Departmental Approver line and select the Department’s Budgetary Approver’s email address for the wire to be routed to them for approval of the Outgoing Wire Transfer Request. SAVE.
  2. Select SEND! Your Wire Transfer Request will be sent to for processing by Central BAO Accounts Payable. If you have questions please email:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
SUA (JP Morgan Single Use Account) Program

We continue to enroll vendors to receive payments under the SUA (JP Morgan Single Use Account) Program. When entering a payment in Banner you will receive a notification message that the vendor is a SUA vendor. Just close the message and continue with payment. There is nothing you need to do differently when entering the payment. For more information on how this program works see: JP Morgan Single Use Accounts/SUA.

Accessing Vendor Payment and Check Information (UO Access only)

On the AP web site under Table of Contents and click on the Invoices link, you will see links on the various querying screens for help on how to query.  With the vendor name, vendor number and/or vendor invoice number you will want to use FWIVNDH - UO Vendor Detail History form.  With the Banner I document or check number you will want to use FOIDOCH - Document History form. If you already have the check number you can also access FAICHKH - Check Payment History.


    FTIIDEN - Entity Name/ID Search Form
    FOATEXT - Adding Text after Completion
    FAICHKH - Check Payment History
    FAIINVE - Invoice/Credit Memo Query
    FWIVNDH - UO Vendor Detail History
    FOIDOCH - Document History

If you need further help email:


A UO Substitute W-9 is not needed to set up a vendor for a refund payment.  Vendor accounts for refunds will be active for 30 days only. If you do not issue the refund within the 30 day time period you will need to send a request to have the account temporarily reactivated.

1099 Misc. forms

If you have a 1099 related question please call Dan Patten at 541-346-4235.  You may also email your question to his attention at

Accounts Payable

Accounts Payable (Fax): 541-346-2393

Position Name Email Phone Functions
Manager Dan Patten 541-346-4235

AP Manager, check printing and ACH processing, SUA's/Single Use Accounts

Program Specialist Sherrie Canfield 541-346-3152

Vendor Payment Inquiries, Consolidated Billings,
(MP, RG and Oregonian), Outgoing Wire Transfers

Program Specialist Carmela Kortum 541-346-3126

Invoice Approval, Invoice Training/Entry, Outgoing Wire Transfers

Imaging Coordinator Karen Strain 541-346-1252

Document Imaging, Check copies, Special Handling of Checks

Vendor Coordinator Serina Dugan 541-346-3189

Vendor Set-ups, W9's & W8's (forms)