What we do:
Accounts Payable is committed to assisting departments process accurate and timely outgoing Banner invoice payments to our vendors; as well as non-payroll related payments to faculty, staff, and students. We process outgoing payments by the following methods: check, ACH or direct deposit, SUA/Single Use Accounts, and wire transfers. We ensure compliance with the University’s policies and procedures, federal and state laws related to tax reporting, accountability and best business practices. The Accounts Payable staff are dedicated to providing quality and courteous customer service to all our vendors, employees, and students.
Please have faculty, staff, and students update their Duckweb information including mailing addresses and ACH information. This will reduce the number of misdirected or delayed payments.
When making foreign vendor payments by check be sure to make sure the vendor can receive and cash paper checks.
Activating Direct Deposit/ACH for Employee Reimbursements and Student Refunds
- Go into Duckweb.
- Select Employee Dashboard application
- In the center of the screen select Direct Deposit Information.
- Go to the BOTTOM of the screen.
- Look under Employee Reimbursements and Student Account Refunds
- Click the up or down arrow on the far right.
- Check the box in front of the bank name shown or add a new bank and account number if you want reimbursements to go to a different bank account.
- Select the box that says: By checking this box, I authorize the University of Oregon to initiate direct deposit to my bank account, to request the return of any funds to which I am not entitled, and verify that funds deposited will not ultimately be transferred to another bank outside the U.S.
Vendor Set Up Requests
All new vendor setups and any address or information updates will be sent to Accounts Payable using the current processes of securely transmitting W9’s and W8 forms with backup documentation to email@example.com or fax to 6-2393. Do not send tax forms by email, they may contain SSN and are classified as high risk data.
Effective 10/01/23 all vendor address changes will require a signed W-8 and W-9 form submitted to Business Affairs Accounts Payable. W-8/W-9 for address changes should be submitted securely via One Drive, in the same manner original vendor set-up documents are submitted to APBAO.
Instructions for secure submission can be found in the following link. Secure Transmission of ALL versions of W-8 and W-9 Forms
1099 Misc. and 1099-NEC forms
If you have a 1099-MISC. (Miscellaneous Income) or a 1099-NEC (Nonemployee Compensation) form related question please call Diane Huffman Carl at 541-346-4235. Form 1099 MISC. and 1099-NEC will be mailed on or before January 31, 2024. You may also email your question to Diane Huffman Carl's attention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Student stipends are considered a form of student aid.
The IRS does not require the UO currently to issue 1099's for these kinds of payments. Because how student aid and scholarships can impact a student's taxes, the UO cannot offer tax advice or a determination on whether you would or would not have to report this kind of student aid on your tax forms.
There will be no tax form sent to you for this student aid. The UO would refer you to IRS Publication 970 - Tax Benefits for Education or your tax advisor for further assistance. Also, there is some limited volunteer tax assistance available at the UO Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program website.
If you need to see what payments that were issued to you in 2023, you can log into Duckweb with your 95X Id number and look under the Student Menu for Student Stipends and Refunds. You should be able to print the information showing the University of Oregon on it for your records or to give to your tax advisor.
Copies of 1098 -T Tuition Statements (not related to Student Stipend payments) are available online through Duckweb from the Student Menu. See: Student Financial Services for assistance with 1098-T questions.
See BAO News Announcement regarding Mobile Technology for the current fiscal year.
Check Runs and ACH
There will be no change to the check run days in the month of December. Check runs will be processed as usual.
Regular check run days:
Tuesdays: ACH/Direct Deposits, Paper Checks, and Single Use Account (SUA) payments
Thursdays: ACH/Direct Deposits, Paper Checks, and Single Use Account (SUA) payments
Accounts Payable check payments include vendor and contract payments, employee and student aid, refunds, stipends and reimbursements. If you have further questions about check runs call Diane Huffman Carl at 6-4235.
Reminder: It is a good idea for faculty, staff, and students to keep their Duckweb information current including mailing addresses and ACH information. Also, when making foreign vendor payments by check be sure to make sure the vendor can receive and cash paper checks.
Wire Transfers and Deadlines
Outgoing wire transfers will be processed within three days of receipt of your uploaded wire transfer form. Please allow Accounts Payable 3 days for processing.
Wire Transfer Request Upload Procedures
UO Outgoing Wire Transfer Request Upload Procedures
If you are contracting or purchasing in any uncommon foreign currency, please check with Accounts Payable before contracting to make sure we can send a wire in that currency. If we cannot send a wire in a particular currency you may have to have the foreign vendor invoice/contract in U.S. dollars. (The default currency on PSC contracts and PO's is U.S. dollars).
Before initiating your wire transfer you will need to have the following documentation to upload in the electronic wire form. Your wire will be delayed if you are not able to upload these documents:
- Bank information that was supplied securely by the vendor from their bank (if not on invoice). This must be submitted to your dept. through a secure means such as One Drive, Drop Box, etc.
- Invoice (if applicable)
- Contract, POS, PO, Agreement, Addendum, etc. (if applicable)
- Approvals (as required for any Banner invoice payment)
- Concur Travel Reimbursement report (if applicable)
- any other supporting payment documentation
Due to the increased number of outgoing wire transfers, PLEASE ALLOW a MINIMUM of 3 days for processing.
- Please select under the category Central Accounts Payable and Invoice Payments the Outgoing Wire Transfer form. Complete the form as you usually would and save as a pdf.
- Please select under the category Central Accounts Payable and Invoice Payments the Wire Transfer Upload Form. This form is password protected so you will need to log in to access the upload form.
- Under the Wire Transfer Upload Form. This form is password protected so you will need to log in to access the upload form.:
- Add your departmental contact first and last name and phone number.
- Upload a pdf of the completed Outgoing Wire Transfer form that you saved. (Be sure to include your Banner I Document number that is incomplete and on HOLD. To put it on HOLD in Banner click on TOOLS Menu and under Options, select View Document Indicators. Change the Grouping from (M)any invoices per check to (1) Invoice per check and click the 'HOLD' box).
- Upload a pdf of ALL the supporting documentation such as contract, PO, invoice, etc.
- Upload the banking information that was provided to you by the vendor (through a secure means). Emailing banking information is NOT secure. Note: The Outgoing Wire Transfer form is an internal UO form to be used by departments and should not be sent to vendors to complete or provide their banking information.
- Edit the Signature Block’s Departmental Approver line and select the Department’s Budgetary Approver’s email address for the wire to be routed to them for approval of the Outgoing Wire Transfer Request. SAVE. Note: In order to main separation of duties within the department, the individual preparing and uploading the wire transfer for the department should be different than the Budgetary Authority/BA who will be electronically signing approval of the wire.
- Select SEND! Your Wire Transfer Request will be sent to email@example.com for processing by Central BAO Accounts Payable. If you have questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUA (JP Morgan Single Use Account) Program
We continue to enroll vendors to receive payments under the SUA (JP Morgan Single Use Account) Program. When entering a payment in Banner you will receive a notification message that the vendor is a SUA vendor. Just close the message and continue with payment. There is nothing you need to do differently when entering the payment. For more information on how this virtual card payment program works see the July 2019 Campus Announcement: JP Morgan Single Use Accounts/SUA.
See also the Q&A's and links under Vendor Payment Options on the Accounts Payable Web Site: Single Use Account/SUA
Accessing Vendor Payment and Check Information (UO Access only)
On the AP web site under Table of Contents and click on the Invoices link, you will see links on the various querying screens for help on how to query. With the vendor name, vendor number and/or vendor invoice number you will want to use FWIVNDH - UO Vendor Detail History form. With the Banner I document or check number you will want to use FOIDOCH - Document History form. If you already have the check number you can also access FAICHKH - Check Payment History.
FTIIDEN - Entity Name/ID Search Form
FOATEXT - Adding Text after Completion
FAICHKH - Check Payment History
FAIINVE - Invoice/Credit Memo Query
FWIVNDH - UO Vendor Detail History
FOIDOCH - Document History
If you need further help email: email@example.com
A UO Substitute W-9 is not needed to set up a vendor for a refund payment. Vendor accounts for refunds will be active for 30 days only. If you do not issue the refund within the 30 day time period you will need to send a request to have the account temporarily reactivated.