- Airfare Purchase Authorization Request
- TSA Air Travel Security Measures
- Fly America Act
- International Travel Registration
- Airfare Authorization online request form
- Airfare Authorization form instructions
- Direct Travel - UO Travel Portal (Dedicated Travel Desk Contacts)
- Direct Travel Portal
- Premier Travel Portal
- Travel Agency Fee Comparison
- Unused ticket report
- Benefits for using UO Contract Travel Agencies
- 6 steps in working with a travel agent
- Seat Guru
Common Carrier Fares
Transportation by common carrier is recommended when it is more appropriate and economical than travel by state or private vehicle. Common carriers are usually preferred for out-of-state travel. Actual cost is paid or reimbursed for airline, railroad and bus fares for travel.
All employees are encouraged to travel using routes, schedules, and airlines that provide the most cost-effective, efficient travel that meets the business purpose. Economy Plus and/or Business Class airfare are authorized for any leg of international flights where the elapsed time in-the-air is eight hours or greater. First Class airfare is not authorized.
Air travel paid from federal funds must conform to the Fly America Act.
 Taxis and Shuttle Services
Taxi and shuttle service is authorized between terminals, lodgings, and work stations.
All employees are encouraged to travel using routes and schedules that provide the most cost-effective, efficient travel that meets the business purpose. A roomette is allowed when sleeping accommodations are needed due to overnight travel. A bedroom is allowed if no roomette is available or if special accommodations are approved because of the trip's nature or the traveler's health. Applicable meal and incidental expense per diem may not be claimed if a meal is provided and consumed as part of the roomette or bedroom rate.
 Bus Lines
Scheduled or charter buses may be used.
 Travel Awards and Frequent Flyer Mileage
Because the cost of record-keeping outweighs any monetary benefit, the university will not recapture airline bonuses awarded employees for frequent flyer miles. Frequent flyer bonuses may be used by employees as they choose unless the terms of a grant or contract require otherwise. The university will not reimburse or trade tickets purchased using frequent flyer miles.
 Payment in Lieu of Air Travel (Driving out of state)
Common carriers (e.g., airlines, railroads) are usually preferred for out-of-state travel. An employee may choose to travel by private vehicle instead. In such a case, the traveler may be reimbursed for ground transportation expenses, including standard mileage, parking, and tolls, up to the cost that would have been incurred had s/he traveled by common carrier.
The following costs associated with air travel can be used as a basis for comparison:
- The cost of round-trip commercial air fare that would have been incurred. A Concur booking tool quote should be obtained prior to the travel dates.
- Private vehicle mileage to and from the air terminal that would normally be used for departure.
- Lodging, meal, and incidental expenses that the employee would normally incur with air travel
Procedure - Driving out of State:
When driving out of state is a personal choice, provide a comparison airfare quote prepared when the trip is planned. See Comparison Quotes under (1)Airlines.